Last Modified: May 05, 2021
This Agreement constitutes and expresses the entire agreement and understanding between Skillstone and the students of Skillstone, who get enrolled in self-paced online trainings program conducted by Skillstone by paying the course fee/security deposit and accepting the terms and conditions mentioned below.
- The eligibility for enrolment in the Beginner, Comprehensive and Short Duration courses is being offered enrolment based on the availability of seats and payment of the course fee before the course starting date.
- The eligibility for enrolment in the Advanced courses is passing of the pre-qualifying exam conducted by Skillstone, being offered enrolment based on the availability of seats and payment of course fee before the course starting date.
- The eligibility for enrolment in Internship courses is being offered enrolment based on the availability of seats and the payment of refundable security deposit before the course starting date.
- Students shall pay the course fee as required by Skillstone for getting enrolled into the training course.
- For Internship Courses, students shall pay the refundable security deposit as required by Skillstone to be enrolled into the training course.
- All materials – including but not limited to text, photographs, video, audio, images and any other content – appearing via the online course and/or on the website are protected by copyrights and/or other proprietary rights belonging to Skillstone and/or other third parties. Student agree to abide by all applicable laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, publicity rights and privacy rights in the India and any other jurisdiction from which student is accessing the website or attending the course.
- Student shall not copy, reproduce, duplicate, distribute, disseminate, publish, post, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, upload to, transmit, or in any way exploit any content from the online course and/or on the website. Student shall not sell or offer for sale any of the content, or allow third parties to access it, or use such content to construct any kind of database. Student may use the content from the online course and/or on the website only for personal, non-commercial use.
- Students must comply with instructions and directions given by Skillstone staff and any applicable policies and procedures.
- Students bear the complete responsibility for the student’s equipment (e.g., computer, modem, internet connection, speakers, webcam, microphones and bandwidth). In other words, students’ are exclusively responsible for the condition of their personal equipment and for performing the obligatory technical checks at commencement of this agreement.
- Students’ are exclusively responsible for their behaviour and code of conduct. Skillstone reserves the right to take disciplinary action against any student whose behaviour is deemed inappropriate by Skillstone or its trainers. Disciplinary action might include, but not limited to, removing the student from a training course without refund of course fee / security deposit.
- Students must complete the course in the scheduled time period.
- Student may not allow anyone else to access the e-training courses via his/her log-in details.
- Student must comply with all health and safety rules and regulations and any other reasonable security requirements that apply at the premises at which the training courses are provided.
- Any violation of these terms may result in student’s expulsion from the course and/or Skillstone, and student may be subjected to fines and penalties.
- Certificate of completion of the Internship course issued by Skillstone.
- Copy of a cancelled cheque/passbook of bank account to which Security Deposit should be refunded. Students can expect a refund within 30 business days after fulfilling requirements necessary to claim refund of security deposit paid for Internship course.
- Non-attendance:– In case the student fails to attend the course
- Misconduct:– In case the student is not working hard to pass the assignments and/or final test, is creating indiscipline in the cohort, is found indulging in any misconduct or is not responding properly, he/she may be expelled from the training course.
- Failure to complete the Course / Internship successfully:– In case the student fails to complete the course / Internship due to reason including, but not limited to, lack of hard work or understanding of the course content, non-attendance, negligence or misconduct.
- Liability: Skillstone shall not be liable for failure to perform any obligations under the agreement if such failure is caused by any act or event beyond the Skillstone’s reasonable control including but not limited to acts of God, war, terrorism, fire, flood, storm and national emergencies (“Force Majeure Event”). If the Skillstone is the subject of a Force Majeure Event, it will take all reasonable steps to minimise the disruption to the training course.
- Intellectual property rights: All intellectual property including but not limited to rights for all course materials, virtual course recordings shall remain the property of Skillstone. The Student agrees not to reproduce, sell, hire, lend or copy the course materials. Skillstone warrants that it will not knowingly include any copyrighted material in its course materials without license or consent or permission implicit by the third party provider.
- Revisions to the Terms: Skillstone reserve the right to revise the Terms at its sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by Skillstone. For any material changes to the Terms, Skillstone will take reasonable steps to notify student of such changes, via a banner on the website, email notification, another method, or combination of methods. In all cases, student’s continued use of the Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.
- Indemnity: A student agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Skillstone harmless from and against any and all loss, damage, liability and expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of any third party claim, action or proceeding based directly or indirectly on the acts of omission or commission by the student, the breach or alleged breach or failure to comply with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Limitation of Liability: The liability of the Skillstone towards the students is limited only to the extent of the security deposit/fee paid by them. The Skillstone shall not be liable to the students for punitive, exemplary, special, indirect, or consequential damages.
- Arbitration: All disputes relating to or arising out of this agreement etc shall be settled by reference to arbitration only and not by recourse to the courts of law, as per the applicable Indian Law including the Arbitration and Conciliation Act of 1996. An arbitration tribunal consisting of a single member only shall conduct arbitration. The venue of arbitration shall be Panchkula, Haryana, India. The arbitration clause shall however not apply if Skillstone decides to prosecute any student including but not limited to criminal offence.
- Applicable Law: The agreement shall be deemed to have been made in Panchkula, Haryana, India and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with and the validity and performance here of shall be governed by the laws of the State of Haryana, India without reference to principles of conflict of laws there of.
Students enrolling for Skillstone training course must agree to the following:
The fee/security deposit as required for the course (the “Fee”) must be paid in full at the time of enrolment. Enrolment will not be complete until Skillstone has received such full payment of the Fee. After successful enrolment, the student will receive an e-mail from Skillstone acknowledging his/her enrolment in the course.The Fee for all courses will be billed in INR. Interested students can make online payment via Credit Card/Debit Card, Net banking or other means of online payment provided by Skillstone.Student agrees to provide accurate and complete registration information. Submission of registration information along with full payment of the Fee constitutes student’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Cancellation by Skillstone:
Skillstone reserves the right to cancel any course by giving the student notice in writing (by email) at any time before the course is due to start. Skillstone will refund all fees paid by the student and if possible, will endeavour to offer a transfer to another course as an alternative, subject to payment or refund of any difference in course fee. Skillstone’s liability, when it cancels a course, will be limited to a refund of the Fee/security deposit or any other charges paid by the student for the cancelled course. All course dates are subject to change, however notice of such change will be given to the student and refunds will not be issued for any rescheduled classes.
5. Refund of Security Deposit of Internship:
Students enrolled in the any Internship course will be eligible for refund of the security deposit after successful completion of the Internship. The student shall request for a refund of Security Deposit by sending an email at email@example.com along with the following:
Placement assistance will be selectively provided to good performing students of Skillstone Advanced and Comprehensive courses as well as Internship students subject to successful completion of Skillstone course, market conditions, performance, interview, work experience, communication skills and other factors affecting selection process. Actual placements would depend upon the general economic and industry scenario, the academic and non-academic competencies including good soft skills demonstrated by each student as well as the cultural fit of each student vis-à-vis the company, as determined by the company or recruiters. While every effort will be made to enable eligible student to compete effectively for various positions offered by companies, the actual conversion of the opportunity into a concrete placement is the sole responsibility of the student. Skillstone, therefore, does not guarantee that a particular student will be placed irrespective of the student’s performance parameters.
On successful completion of the training course/Internship, the student will receive a certificate of completion from Skillstone.
9. MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS:
Should a situation arise that is not covered by these Terms and Conditions, Skillstone reserves the right to take any reasonable and fair action that we think appropriate.